Medical School Hannover
Translational Immunology at the Department of Gastroenterology,
At Hannover Medical School medical personnel and basic research scientists from various disciplines conduct infection and immunity research side by side. Our focus is on translational research at the interface of immunology, virology and bioinformatics.
Infection with the hepatitis D virus results in the most severe form of viral hepatitis leading to end-stage liver disease such as cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma in ~70% of patients within 5-10 years. The immunological understanding of this disease and current available treatment options are limited. The Department of Gastroenterology at Hannover Medical School has available one of the largest cohorts of patients infected with the hepatitis D virus, which will be used to answer key questions on HDV disease pathogenesis.
The successful candidate will work at the interface of immunology, virology and bioinformatics to understand the host-pathogen interactions and dissolve the mechanisms of disease pathogenesis during chronic HDV infection. Advanced immunological and virological methods such as multicolor spectral flow cytometry, single-cell RNA sequencing and next generation sequencing to identify the implicated mechanisms will be applied. Identified mechanisms will be validated in cell cultures and primary cell lines.
Qualifications for this position:
- Master’s degree in life sciences (Biology, Immunology, Virology, Biochemistry, Molecular Medicine or related)
- Strong hands-on experience in laboratory techniques and molecular methods
- Ability to pay attention to detail, pursue research independently and work in a goal-oriented manner
- Willingness to work in an international and interdisciplinary environment
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Advantageous for this position:
- Previous experience in flow cytometry
- Experience in cell culture techniques/ virological methods
- Experience in computer programming and R
We offer you:
- State-of -the art analytical instrumentation
- A lively scientific community
- Resources for work-life balance/ family care
The position is funded for 3 years.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter highlighting your specific qualifications and motivation for this position
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts of records
- Three references with contact details
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an Kefalakes.email@example.com