The group of Dr. Daniel Todt in the Department of Molecular and Medical Virology at the Ruhr University Bochum is seeking a highly motivated and talented postdoctoral fellow (w/m/d) for our new BMBF-funded (German Federal Ministry of Education and Research) research group in Computational Virology.
Our group combines strong expertise in RNA virus biology and bioinformatics. We study virus-host interactions of hepatotrophic viruses, mainly hepatitis E virus (HEV), using -omics data sets. We aim to identify viral mutations associated with treatment failure and understand differential immune responses in patients suffering from chronic or acute HEV infections. Furthermore, we apply machine learning algorithms to identify viral signatures in large transcriptomic datasets. Besides well established Illumina-based protocols, we are currently establishing Oxford Nanopore Sequencing and plan to set-up single cell RNA sequencing in our faculty.
To complement our research team, we are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the new group, including own projects, supervision of Ph.D. and Masterstudents and administration. Ideas for own projects are highly welcome and will be supported.
The employment relationship is based on the collective agreement of the Länder (TV-L). Depending on the fulfilment of the personal and collective agreement requirements, the position is classified in pay group 14 of the TV-L (TV-L E14). You can find more information on this under: https://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/
As the position is funded by third-party funds the employee has no teaching obligation.
- A Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) in bioinformatics, biology or related field with an excellent publication record, appropriate for the career stage;
- profound knowledge and understanding of virology and cell biology;
- solid experience in state-of-the-art sequencing techniques;
- experienced handling of bioinformatic pipelines and basics of script languages;
- ideally, previous application of machine learning algorithms;
- high capacity for teamwork;
- interest in working in an international and interdisciplinary environment;
- fluency in written and spoken English language is mandatory.
- We offer a medically relevant research topic, inter-disciplinary cooperation, flexible working-hours and work within a young and motivated team. Additionally, we strongly support career development and own funding aqusition;
- challenging and varied tasks with a high level of personal responsibility;
- team-oriented cooperation in a committed, international and appreciative team;
- an agile way of working;
- employment at one of the largest universities in Germany in the University Alliance Ruhr network;
- a job in the middle of the lively Ruhr metropolitan region with its diverse cultural offerings.
Contact details for your application:
Herr Dr. Daniel Todt, Tel.: +49234 32 22463
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
For information on the collection of personal data in the application process see: https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/en/information-collection-personal-data-application-process.
Candidates interested in this position should send their application (cover letter including motivation and an short outline of potential research projects/interests, CV, publication list, list of at least two academic references) as single PDF.
We are looking forward to receiving your application with the specification ANR: 576
until 30/06/2022, send by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.ruhr-uni-bochum.de.