University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Virology and Hygiene
• Leading a research group in the field of viral infection genomics and epigenetics.
• The aim of the professorship is to support present and future collaborative research initiatives within the Center for Inflammation, Infection and Immunity (C3i), e.g. in the Research Groups FOR5068 sex differences in immunity, FOR5200, DEEP-DV, gene expression and manipulation of host responses in DNA virus infection, and in RTG2771 Humans and Microbes.
• Fulfilment of cooperative and support functions for other research groups in the fields of immunology, infections and/or inflammation.
Applications are invited to apply for the position of Tenure Track Professor, Ref.: FK03-286/1, initially for three years. The position is extendable for a further three years subject to a positive interim evaluation. Prior to the completion of the second phase of the junior professorship, a tenure track evaluation will take place to examine the eligibility of the candidate for permanent appointment as a W2 professor. The conditions of appointment of the Hamburg Higher Education Act (§15 HmbHG) apply. After successful tenure evaluation, the candidate with be appointed to the position of permanent W2 professor. The regulations pertaining to internal appointments already apply to the appointment as a junior professor.
Appointment requirements and qualifications:
• Applicants must hold a doctoral degree or a special qualification demonstrating their skills and competence in scientific work
• Proof that the candidate meets the qualification requirements for employment according to § 18 Hamburg Higher Education Act (Hamburgisches Hochschulgesetz) of 3. July 2014 in the respective current Version
By strengthening the Tenure Track Professorship programme, the UKE has established a special career path for young researchers. The position of Junior Professor is suited to the needs of young scientists in the early stages of their career. After completing their doctoral degree, the candidate has another four years to obtain their scientific qualification.
Due to the success of the Tenure Track Programme of the German Federal Government and Federal States, supporting young researchers at the University of Hamburg, the UKE is announcing this vacancy for a Tenure Track Professor.
• An innovative and family-friendly working environment in the center of Hamburg (we have a cooperation for childcare and offer free childcare during holiday periods)
• Participation in extensive training, further education and professional development programs at our UKE Academy for Education and Careers and diverse introductory events
• An attractive company pension plan, as well as the participation in diverse award-winning health and prevention schemes
We offer a work environment that provides equal opportunities, independent of age, gender, sexual identity, disability, origin or religion. This is underlined by our commitment to the Diversity Charta. We expressly aim to increase the number of women in leadership positions, in particular among scientific personnel in research and teaching. In the case of equal qualifications, women will be given preference. This also applies in the case of under-representation of a gender in the department
advertising this appointment. Persons with disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal eligibility, competence and professional achievement.
4 teaching hours per week/semester during the first phase of the appointment, according to the teaching directive requirements of Hamburg Universities (§ 10 LVVO).
We look forward to receiving your application, accompanied by a CV in tabular form, a structured list of publications, research concept, teaching concept and equality concept with regard to the Hamburg location, and evidence of third-party funding, under the Ref.-No.: FK03-286/1 by August 18, 2022 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (as a PDF file), and in addition in paper form to the Dean of the Medical Faculty of the University of Hamburg, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Faculty Service and Budget, Martinistraße 52, Building N55, 20246 Hamburg.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com